ACTION PLAN TO DEVELOP EXTRAORDINARY MEMORY
Basic Principles of Memory
If you want to develop extraordinary memory, you should bear in mind the following aspects.
1. Your real possession is your memory. Everything you do is based on memory.
2. The mind is like a hard disc of a computer which can accommodate any amount of information. Hard disc has its Limitation but not the mind.
3. All knowledge is but remembrance. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE CAPACITY OF MEMORY. THE MORE YOU REMEMBER, THE MORE YOU CAN REMEMBER.
4. Therefore, keep in mind there is no such thing as too much memory. Experience is your reaction to the stimuli.
5. There is no such thing as ultimate forgetting. Traces once impressed upon the memory are indestructible.
6. For Example, take a glass of water. Put into it a chalk piece. It gets dissolved in course of time.
7. Though it is not visible its impact is there. Same is the case with all our experiences.
8. We exercise our muscles and limbs. Similarly, memory can be exercised.
9. The capacity for memory differs from person to person. Through training, this can definitely be improved.
10. When you get training in memory your capacity to memorize and reproduce will improve.
11. The true art of memory is the art of attention. Memory and observation go hand in hand. You can’t remember anything you do not observe.
12. The eyes cannot see if the mind is absent. It is extremely difficult to observe or remember anything that you do not want to remember.
13. When you get training in memory your capacity to memorise and reproduce will improve.
14. You should trust your capacity for memory. The more you trust it, the more reliable and useful it becomes.
15. When you try to write down everything without any attempt to remember you are not trusting your memory. You have not the confidence in your memory.
16. There is no such thing as good memory for one thing and bad memory for another thing. It is a question of your interest. If you are interested, you can remember anything you want, otherwise no.
TRAINING IN MEMORY
1. You are able to absorb more when anything is done with full concentration.
2. Your observation capacity is greater when the mind reaches Alpha Waves of mental State. Therefore, before studying any book or any other material, bring the mind to alpha level.
3. Application of the principle of Aware and Beware would remove absent-mindedness.
4. Daily practice your Memory Files without fail. Recollecting Memory Files can be treated as a meditational technique.
5. If it is possible you may go beyond 100 files. With the expansion of memory files, you can do wonders and marvels in the field of memory.
6. Imagination and creative thinking form part of a strong system of memory. Therefore, develop the faculty of creative thinking.
7. Everyday try to memorize 100 digit numbers as a matter of Sadhana and this will improve your capacity for concentration to a considerable extent.
8. In addition, you should develop will-power, self- control and confidence in your mental ability.